Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thanks

I’ve been contemplating this post for awhile. I have decided to stop blogging. I started this blog three years ago and it has been a place for me to put my thoughts on paper. It’s given me a chance to meet new people and learn new skills. I’ve learned a lot from my readers.




Things have changed in the last three years. I’ve become much busier. I need to streamline my life and really decide what is most important. To be honest, I tell myself I am going to just write a quick blog post. But then I end up spending hours on the Internet writing and then reading all my favorite bloggers or exploring new ones. That isn’t a bad thing really. But when it interferes with my ability to get enough sleep, or keeps me from spending time with my family and friends it is a problem. “Virtual” relationships, be it on Blogger or Facebook, should never replace the real face to face relationships of my family or my friends.  HIPAA restrictions have gotten much stricter at work. Blogging is not worth losing my job.



So as much as I have enjoyed these three years blogging, I am going to stop. I will probably leave the blog up for awhile. But eventually I plan on taking it down. Maybe I will compile it into a book to tuck away on my shelves and remind myself of these past three years.



Thank you to my readers. Thanks for your comments that have taught me. Thanks for your support. Thank you for the adventure. Oh. I almost forgot. Yes, the wedding went very well. All my children are officially married. I am officially an empty nester. Maybe that is why I feel a need to change my life right now.

17 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I will miss you!

Taylors said...

We will miss you too!! Has Kristin told you I'm pregnant again?! I wish you could catch this one too!

佐漢 said...

Drive carefully. It is not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.............................................

Kristin said...

I will surely miss Midlife Midwife!!! Lot's of love!!
Oh, and if you don't use google reader, look into it. It will only pull up the new blog posts from all your blogs in a way that you can just scroll down and pause if something catches your eye. Huge time saver!

Gina said...

I have enjoyed reading about your life. Enjoy your new freedom from blogging.

SMT said...

I have really enjoyed your blog. I'll miss reading about your adventures.

Studentrntiffany said...

I have loved reading your blog! I will miss you so much! Best of luck!

Paula said...

I totally get it MM. Best wishes for your life ahead. Thanks for all that you shared with me.
-Paula

Jan said...

I wish you the best - and I think you are making the right decision for the right reason.

MamaOnABudget said...

I, too, will miss you. But as others have said, you're doing this for the right reasons. Thanks for sharing your peach jam "secrets" with me - we moved to peach country, and I'm really looking forward to trying that out this year.

God's blessings!

mitchsmom said...

Best wishes :)

Leslie said...

Please keep your blog up! I just discovered it and I am enjoying reading your posts so much! I am seriously considering becoming a nurse-midwife and it is helping me see what my life might look like if I take that path. Thank you for your wonderful writing and I hope it stays available to others like me.

Josien said...

Hello!! PLEASE KEEP YOUR BLOG UP! It's unfortunate that I found your blog after you've decided to stop it, but I'm glad it's still here! I'm seriously considering nurse-midwife as a career and your blog has help momentously. I think I need all your wisdom and experience to decide in the future, so please keep your blog up ;) Thank you for all this that you've shared and best wishes for everything you do.

Josien said...

Hello!! PLEASE KEEP YOUR BLOG UP! It's unfortunate that I found your blog after you've decided to stop it, but I'm glad it's still here! I'm seriously considering nurse-midwife as a career and your blog has help momentously. I think I need all your wisdom and experience to decide in the future, so please keep your blog up ;) Thank you for all this that you've shared and best wishes for everything you do.

Nekura said...

Please keep it up. People like me need it. I had panic attacks for 3 years at just the thought of a pap smear. No one ever talks about how difficult this is for so many women, any because of that I've always felt isolated and more like a man than a woman because I couldn't do this "woman thing". It was a chronic disease and a nice family practitioner to get me to bite the bullet after 7 years. Most women berate us and call us kids. We need more understanding from people like you.

Jackson Leavitt said...

Did you used to be a midwife in Clifton, NJ? I have heard that that is a great area if you want to be a midwife.

Midlife Midwife said...

Jackson: No I did not work there. (But I wouldn't tell you anyway because that would spoil my anonymity right?)

To all the rest who asked me to continue to blog. Thank you for the votes of confidence! But unfortunately my employer has not changed their stance on blogging with HIPPAA restrictions. I miss it. But I need my job. :-)